Bad Breath / Halitosis Treatment
Don’t let bad breath get the best of you! At Skyview Family and Cosmetic Dental, we can target the source of odor and control it.
Without knowing it, many people have infections in their gums that can cause bad breath and harmful bleeding and that may also contribute to the risk of heart disease, cancer, Alzheimer’s and other diseases. We can determine whether you have an oral infection and if so, provide you with a rinse specially formulated to kill the harmful bacteria in your mouth. When you use Oravital, within two weeks you can have a healthier mouth, fresher breath and a healthier body. Oravital is the most effective treatment for oral infections available anywhere and has an average clinical success rate of 85% in treating bad breath and mild to moderate gum disease. Even better, it’s easy to use and affordable.
The Oravital System is completely safe, easy, non-invasive, and highly effective in the treatment of periodontal disease and bad breath. Here’s how it works.
- Screening: Using a swab, the dental professional will take samples of bacteria from your mouth. These are sent to a laboratory, which conducts a microbial analysis to identify any harmful bacteria that are causing gum disease and breath odour.
- Treatment: If the report indicates there are harmful microorganisms in your mouth that are causing gum and/or breath problems, the dentist/hygienist will recommend an Oravital antiseptic or antibiotic rinse that is specifically targeted to killing the germs causing your infection. You use the Oravital rinse for approximately two weeks until the harmful bacteria are under control and a proper balance of healthy bacteria in your mouth returns.
- Evaluation: Following initial treatment, you will have another dental checkup to evaluate your gums and breath.
- Maintenance: Regular dental hygiene appointments and good oral home care will help you maintain a healthy mouth. Along with regular brushing and cleaning between your teeth, using an Oravital® maintenance rinse on a daily basis will help to prevent recurring breath and gum problems.
- Revaluation: Be sure to schedule regular appointments with your dental professional to check for bleeding or other gum problems. We recommend Oravital® microbial testing at least once a year to see whether the bacteria in your mouth are still in balance. If harmful bacteria are increasing, infection could return. It’s easier to address any problems before this happens.