Today’s Smile Options
With the ever evolving advancements in dentistry, stained, chipped, and poorly aligned teeth are no longer a problem you have to “live with”. At Skyview Dental Care, we are able to give you the beautiful smile you have been dreaming about!
But what is cosmetic dentistry? This type of dentistry is used to refer to any dental work that improves the appearance of a person’s teeth, gums and/or bite. While traditional dentistry focuses on oral hygiene and preventing, diagnosing and treating oral disease, cosmetic dentistry focuses on improving the appearance of a person’s teeth, gums, bite and/or overall smile.
Cosmetic Dentistry Includes:
- Teeth Whitening: A safe, easy and effective way to get the brighter and whiter smile you have always dreamed about.
- Composite Bonding: Also referred to simply as “bonding” is a tooth coloured composite resin that improves the appearance and strength of chipped teeth.
- Ceramic Reconstruction: CERamic REConstruction or CEREC are highly aesthetic, tooth coloured fillings/crowns that are created in one visit! Due to being highly aesthetic they will blend seamlessly into your smile.
- Porcelain Veneers: Porcelain veneers allow us to brighten, lengthen and reshape your teeth while conserving tooth structure using strong, long lasting, ultra-thin shells of porcelain.
- Porcelain Crowns: Heavily damaged or restored teeth can be covered with beautiful porcelain crowns, which replace more natural tooth structure then veneers. Each crown is formed according to the size, structure, shape and colour of your natural teeth, allowing it to fit perfectly and blend seamlessly into your smile.
- Porcelain Bridgework: A missing tooth can be replaced with porcelain bridgework that is attached to the natural teeth on either side of the space.
- Dental Implants: An implant is used to replace the root portion of a missing tooth. The implant is fitted with a crown or bridge which is are custom coloured and shaped to replicate that of your surrounding teeth, with aims to give the implant a natural look.
- Implant Dentures: Implant supported dentures are attached to implants giving them increased stability while still being removable like traditional dentures that rest on the gum.
- Composite Restorations — Also know as “white fillings” are dental fillings that restore and mimic the natural appearance of tooth structure.
- Invisalign: Is a modern approach to straightening your teeth, using custom-made aligners created for you and only you. These aligners are made of smooth, comfortable, and virtually invisible plastic that allows you to straighten your teeth without anyone knowing.
- Laser Gum Shaping: Even if a person has teeth that are straight, healthy, and symmetrical, the beauty of their smile may be diminished if the gum line is uneven or falls too far below the lip line. This virtually painless procedure will give you perfectly sculpted gums that frame your smile.